I want to make some kind of Larkin-Ryker/Left-Right joke but I’m so annoyed it took me this fucking long to make that connection to think of one.
16. If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
I would have to say Boostle. They may be my OTP of OTPs as it takes very little effort for me to see them in most situations or AUs. It’s so fun to play them off each other in friendly, romantic, even dramatic situations and they have a pretty big cast of other characters they can interact with to help keep things interesting.
(i did a self-imposed 30 days of challenge with those two and while i can’t vouch for the quality of all of them it was actually surprisingly easy to kick out ideas for them because of their versatility)
29. If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
Am I allowed to point to ones I’ve already done? If not then… uh, I’d say How to Fix an Alien Ship 101, by Kaywinnit Lee Fry but then that would prevent me from poking the original author about doing it herself. *….pokepoke <.<*
36. Which is your favorite site to post fic?
My favorite is still livejournal even if things are inactive there. I have never found any other place that allows the sort of author/commenter interactions like that place does plus, while it’s difficult to navigate some other people’s archives for older work, my tagging system is nicely organized (which makes one wonder why i didn’t carry it over to here oops).
8. Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
Oh god no why would you do this to me I love writing dialogues how can I possibly choose one??? Alright, for this I’m limiting myself to fics I’m never going to finish otherwise I’ll be spending all day going through everything I’ve ever written:
Breaking in exasperation, Alistair threw his stick into the fire. “Why must you always bait me?”
A fine eyebrow quirked up. “Bait you?”
"Yes! And being so… so hateful!"
"Of course, you’re right." Her lilting voice swung high and mocking. “‘Tis terribly rude of me to be upset when a man forcibly takes me away from the only home I know and the only family I know in order to be brought before the judgment of people whom hate me for the mere reason that I exist. I should be celebrating my liberation! Once we get to the Circle Tower, I shall ask your commander to hold a parade to properly show my gratitude!"
Alistair hunched down over the fire, embarrassment coloring his cheeks. “Alright, alright- that was not one of the more intelligent things I’ve said.”
"Well, when you find something intelligent to say, do not hesitate to do so. ‘Twould be a fine change from what usually comes out of your mouth."
"Look- can we just stop now?"
"Maybe we can play a game while you look for it. Perhaps ‘I Spy’? I’ll start- I spy something that starts with ‘I’."
"I’m done with this."
"Oh, I’m sorry. The answer was ‘ignoramus’. I also would have accepted ‘idiot’."
The background for this was a DA:O AU where Alistair was a Templar who was tasked to bring Morrigan to the Chantry for being an apostate. Pretty much everything I got down for this is Morrigan snarking at Alistair while he tries (and fails) to defend his actions and it was actually a lot of fun to write her (far more than i had anticipated) because Alistair’s naivety and ignorance in game is deserving of being prodded, but as a Templar? Practically every conversation is Morrigan telling him fuck you and everything you stand for in the classiest way possible.
21. How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
That really depends on what I’m writing. If it’s a drabble that doesn’t mean anything, I’ll read over it for spelling or grammar errors once or twice before tossing it up. If it’s a chapter or a long fic or something I really want to make sure is good/right, I’ll re-read it multiple times over the course of a couple days plus send it out to someone to look over.
- Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
- Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
- Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
- How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
- Share one of your strengths.
- Share one of your weaknesses.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Which fic has been the hardest to write?
- Which fic has been the easiest to write?
- Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?
- Is there an episode above all others that inspires you just a little bit more?
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
- If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
- Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
- Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?
- Stephen King once said that his muse is a man who lives in the basement. Do you have a muse?
- Describe your perfect writing conditions.
- How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
- Choose a passage from one of your earlier fics and edit it into your current writing style. (Person sending the ask is free to make suggestions).
- If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
- Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
- What do you look for in a beta?
- Do you beta yourself? If so, what kind of beta are you?
- How do you feel about collaborations?
- Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
- If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
- Do you accept prompts?
- Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
- How do you feel about smut?
- How do you feel about crack?
- What are your thoughts on non-con and dub-con?
- Would you ever kill off a canon character?
- Which is your favorite site to post fic?
- Talk about your current wips.
- Talk about a review that made your day.
- Do you ever get rude reviews and how do you deal with them?
- Write an alternative ending to [insert fic title] (or just the summary of one).
There’s a world that I toy around with centered on a race of people that live on a moving, floating island in the sky but have limited space for resources on their island so they have to make frequent foraging trips to the surface. It means that they have little resources to spare for things like jewelry or excessive fashion so I figure they’d use something like paint and tattoos to express themselves and then I thought
They could alter the edges of their clothing to make intricate designs of their tanlines.
Tanline fashion. I love it so much.
Spent some time hanging out with a cousin and his friends- first time I’ve seen him since he joined the Air Force -and he brought me some gifts he picked up while he was stationed in Japan and all of the sudden I have a collection of Links.
(ps- the original has little orange briefs panted on it’s pretty hilarious even as i understand the need to not make it look like he was going commando)
Wambiri (tasselled wobbegong)
Wambiri is a prankster at heart and coupled with her often overlooked presence and quiet nature it means she’s rarely ever caught. While she enjoys getting away with a prank, she takes just as much love in the anticipation, capable of waiting days for just the right moment to spring her trap.
Risk to humans: low risk
Conservation status: near threatened
And that’s the last of it. This was a fun project and I got to learn even more about sharks which is a double bonus. There’s such a wide variety of sharks out there which deserve some love, I can only hope that I brought something new and interesting to people, thank you enjoying these!
Fun fact: tasselled wobbegongs use their tail as a lure to get their prey within striking range.
embersownmatt replied to your post “Saw a photoset of a couple that got married in a space…”
Oooooh I would go for the space museum. Or married in space. I would get married to a stranger if it meant I get to go to space.
I would also be willing for you to marry a stranger in space if it meant I could attend the wedding :D
Saw a photoset of a couple that got married in a space museum/observatory (one i actually went to for a class field trip) because it meant more to them than standard wedding venues and I was thinking
If I ever get married I want it to be in an aquarium, in one of those tunnels with water everywhere and preferably sharks as a backdrop. I mean I may have problems paying attention to what I’m supposed to be doing but it’d be cool as hell.
Suna (Japanese angel shark)
If there was ever a grumpy old man of the sea it would be Suna. He’s apathetic to anything that isn’t food, burying himself in the ocean floor until he wants to eat. He can put up with quite a bit of bother from other ocean life or even human tourists but when his limit is hit he’s quick to leave, shooting dirty looks and grumbling to himself all the while.
Threat to humans: harmless
Conservation status: vulnerable
This was, by far, the most difficult design to make, partly because of the lack of clear photo reference to go off of and partly because their natural camouflage makes figuring out their anatomy difficult.
Fun fact: angel sharks are the only family of shark whose caudal fin is large on the bottom than on the top.